Publications by year: 1993
This page is a listing of all BITRE publications released in 1993.
- International Aviation: Trends and IssuesResearch Report 86December 1993This report analyses the historical trends and current issues facing the international aviation industry.
- Structural Failure of Large Bulk ShipsResearch Report 85December 1993The Bureau outlines the technique that it has developed for predicting the risk of failure of individual ships.
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions and the Demand for Urban Passenger Transport: Design of the Overall ApproachOccasional Paper 108December 1993The Working Paper outlines the BTCE's proposed methodology for analysing measures to reduce emissions of greenhouse gases.
- Costs of Reducing Greenhouse Gases in Australian TransportWorking Paper 10November 1993The Bureau of Transport and Communications Economics (BTCE) has provided a comprehensive analysis of the range of possible measures for reducing greenhouse gases in the transport sector.
- Cost—Effectiveness of 'Black Spot' Treatments : A Pilot StudyWorking Paper 9October 1993This Paper presents the results of an evaluation of ‘Black Spot’ road safety improvement projects.
- Roads Policy and Australian FederalismOccasional Paper 106October 1993The paper considers the political, legal, economic and institutional factors that have shaped Commonwealth and State government roads policy in Australia since the 1920s through to the 1980s.
- Cost of Road Crashes in Australia—1993Information Sheet 4October 1993This paper estimates the cost of road accidents in 1993.
- Port Interface Cost IndexResearch Report 84September 1993The Bureau developed a new port interface cost index in response to the Warehouse to Wharf report of the House of Representatives Standing Committee on Transport, Communications and Infrastructure.
- The Progress of Aviation ReformResearch Report 81June 1993This report is the fifth of a series of publications monitoring the progress of aviation reforms.
- The Road Freight Transport IndustryInformation Paper 38March 1993This study is an overview of the road freight transport industry.