Fatal Heavy Vehicle Crashes—Quarterly Bulletins
A quarterly publication tracking counts of fatal crashes that involve heavy vehicles.
A recent change in data supply processes has enabled an improvement in the currency of this bulletin from seven months to four months.
March quarter 2015 : At a glance
During the 12 months to the end of March 2015, 220 people died from 188 fatal crashes involving heavy trucks or buses. These included:
- 113 deaths from 95 crashes involving articulated trucks, 87 deaths from 77 crashes involving heavy rigid trucks and 22 deaths from 18 crashes involving buses.
- Fatal crashes involving articulated trucks: decreased by 5.9 per cent compared with the corresponding period one year earlier and decreased by an average of 8.5 per cent per year over the three years to March 2015.
- Fatal crashes involving heavy rigid trucks: increased by 10.0 per cent compared with the corresponding period one year earlier and increased by an average of 6.0 per cent per year over the three years to March 2015.
- Latest quarter Jan-Mar 2015 [PDF: 170 KB]  XLSX: 99 KB
- Oct–Dec 2014 [PDF: 179 KB]  XLSX: 111 KB
- July–Sept 2014 [PDF: 168 KB]  XLSX: 111 KB
- Apr–June 2014 [PDF: 739 KB]  XLSX: 111 KB
- Jan–Mar 2014 [PDF: 1113 KB] 
- Oct–Dec 2013 [PDF: 322 KB] 
- Jul–Sep 2013 [PDF: 322 KB] 
- Apr–Jun 2013 [PDF: 322 KB] 
- Jan–Mar 2013 [PDF: 238 KB] 
- Oct–Dec 2012 [PDF: 234 KB] 
- July–Sept 2012 [PDF: 293 KB] 
- Apr–June 2012 [PDF: 473 KB] 
- Jan–Mar 2012 [PDF: 394 KB]