ANZSOG—Infrastructure Research Workshop
Date of Event: 17 September 2015
The Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics (BITRE) supported an Australia and New Zealand School of Government (ANZSOG) workshop on 17 September 2015 in Canberra to focus on future directions in infrastructural policy-making, particularly the importance of long-term planning and moving to a clearer connection between transport use and price. The focus of the workshop was on moving from theory to practice on these important issues of long standing.
The workshop involved presentations from leading thinkers in the field and included international case studies to stimulate discussion. It provided an opportunity to develop an agenda for governments and businesses that are grappling with the challenges of providing future transport infrastructure cost effectively.
- Workshop programme: PDF: 88 KB
Presentations from international speakers:
- Mr Teik Soon Looi, Director of Policy, land Transport Authority, Singapore PDF: 8078 KB
- Mr Peter Winder, Director, McGredy Winder & Co, Auckland, New Zealand PDF: 635 KB
Presentations—speakers from Australia:
- Ms Marion Terrill, Transport Program Director, Grattan Institute PDF: 580 KB
- Mr Philip Davies, Chief Executive Officer, Infrastructure Australia PDF: 505 KB
- Dr Alex Robson, Director, Economics Policy Analysis Program, Griffith University PDF: 160 KB
- Mr Brendan Lyon, Chief Executive Officer, Infrastructure Partnerships Australia PDF: 4837 KB
- Professor Gary Banks AO, Chief Executive and Dean of ANZSOG PDF: 378 KB
Delegate attendance list:
Attendees included industry experts, government and research leaders and government representatives PDF: 59 KB
We would like to thank all speakers and delegates for their valued contributions.
Further information, including a record of workshop outcomes will be added as available.