Publications by year: 1975
This page is a listing of all BITRE publications released in 1975.
- Transport and Energy in Australia, Part 2—Consumption by CategoriesOccasional Paper 4August 1975This report investigates the current level of energy consumption by various categories of Australian transport, examining the present Australian transport task and the associated levels of energy consumption.
- Parts A, B and C: Consumer Preferences in Urban Buses and Bus ServicesResearch Report 22August 1975This Report presents the results of a consumer preference survey into bus design and bus service characteristics.
- Mainline Upgrading: Evaluation of a Range of Options for the Melbourne to Serviceton Rail LinkResearch Report 21August 1975The report considers options for eliminating the growing congestion on the Victorian portion of the Melbourne–Adelaide railway.
- Mainline Upgrading: Evaluation of a Range of Options for the Melbourne to Sydney Rail LinkResearch Report 20July 1975The report considers options for eliminating the growing congestion on the Victorian portion of the Melbourne-Sydney railway.
- Road User Charges: Theories and PossibilitiesOccasional Paper 3July 1975This study considers all roads other than access roads with the essential objective being to show up the deficiencies in the cost responsibility approach to road pricing by emphasising the joint cost characteristics of roads.
- Provision of General Cargo Facilities at the Port of DarwinResearch Report 19July 1975This study investigates evaluates the various options that could be taken in improving port facilities in Darwin, with particular reference to the impact of Cyclone Tracy.
- Assessment of Investment in Urban Public Transport 1977–78 to 1979–80Research Report 18July 1975This is the fourth Report by the BTE on capital investment in urban public transport.
- Port Pirie: Economic Evaluation of Harbour ImprovementsResearch Report 17July 1975This report examines in detail the proposal to deepen and widen the entrance channel and harbour of Port Pirie.
- Brisbane Airport: Economic Evaluation of Alternative Development StrategiesResearch Report 16July 1975This Report presents the results of an economic comparison of alternative strategies for the development of Brisbane Airport.
- Transport and Energy in Australia, Part 1—ReviewOccasional Paper 2April 1975This report contains a survey of recent Australian and overseas literature on the availability and use of energy for transport.
- The Economics of an Australian LandbridgeResearch Report 15January 1975The study examines the economics of a landbridge based on Fremantle, and also considers Adelaide and Melbourne as terminal ports for the European trades.
- Review of Public Transport Investment Proposals for Australian Capital Cities, 1974–75Research Report 14January 1975This Report surveys proposals provided by the States for investment in urban public transport.