Publications by year: 1977
This page is a listing of all BITRE publications released in 1977.
- Model for Medium Term Economic Forecasting: Projections of Australian Income and ExpenditureOccasional Paper 14December 1977This paper describes an econometric model designed for Australian economic forecasting in the medium term (from 5 to 10 years).
- Aggregate Bus Maintenance CostsOccasional Paper 13December 1977The report summarises the Aggregate Bus Maintenance Studies of six bus operators in Australian capital cities and isolates the major variables influencing both maintenance and servicing costs.
- Urban Passenger Travel: The Role of the Electric CarOccasional Paper 12December 1977This report examines the market for battery powered electric passenger vehicles suitable for use in major urban areas in Australia.
- Factors Affecting Demand for International Travel to and from AustraliaOccasional Paper 11December 1977This Occasional Paper reports on an analysis of the factors affecting the demand for international air travel.
- National Travel Survey 1977–78: Objectives and StrategiesOccasional Paper 10December 1977This Paper describes the National Travel Survey in terms of it's objectives and strategies.
- History of Commonwealth Government Legislation Relating to Roads and Road Transport 1900–1972Occasional Paper 8October 1977The paper discusses the Commonwealth Government participition in roads and road transport up till 1972.
- Timetables as a Source of Statistical DataOccasional Paper 9October 1977This Paper describes the National Travel Survey in terms of it's objectives and strategies.
- Cost Recovery in Australian Transport 1974–75Research Report 33August 1977This Report contains results of a study of cost recovery in Australian transport generally in the year 1974–75.
- Darwin and Northern Territory Freight Transport StudyResearch Report 32August 1977In this study an attempt has been made to define a broad network of supply links to the major population centres of the Northern Territory and identify priorities for investment which would provide a satisfactory level of service at minimum total cost.
- Study of East—West Rail Passenger Services: The Indian Pacific and Trans AustralianResearch Report 31July 1977This Report presents the results of a study of the profitability of the East-West rail passenger services specifically covering the Indian Pacific and Trans Australian trains.
- Mainline Upgrading—Evaluation of a Range of Options for the Adelaide to Serviceton Rail LinkResearch Report 30July 1977In this Report a number of upgrading options for the railway line between Adelaide and Serviceton have been evaluated, complementing work previously undertaken on the Melbourne to Serviceton link.
- Mainline Upgrading—Evaluation of a Range of Options for the Sydney—Brisbane Rail LinkResearch Report 29July 1977This study is one of a series concerned with the evaluation of upgrading options for inter-capital rail links in Australia, in this case focusing on Brisbane–Sydney.
- Eastern By-Pass Routes for Launceston: EvaluationResearch Report 28July 1977The report considers the justification and timing for the construction of an Eastern by-pass of Launceston, including the question of whether such a bypass would warrant inclusion in the Declared National Highway System.
- Impact of Environmental Factors of Relative House PricesOccasional Paper 7March 1977This report presents the results of a study of the impact of environmental factors on house prices in the Marrickville and Rockdale municipalities of Sydney.
- Photochemical Pollution in Australian AirshedsOccasional Paper 6March 1977This report examines the factors which control the formation of photochemical smog in urban airsheds and reviews the present situation which exists in major Australian cities.
- Urban Transport: Capital Requirements 1977–78 to 1979–80Research Report 27February 1977This is the fourth report prepared by the BTE on capital investment needs for road and public transport in urban areas.
- Study of Port Pirie Bogie ExchangeResearch Report 26February 1977This report assesses the Port Pirie wagon bogie exchange facility, defining costs and operational difficulties and examining the operational and economic worth of a range of upgrading proposals.