Publications by year: 1979
This page is a listing of all BITRE publications released in 1979.
- Inwards Duty Free Shopping at Australian International Air Terminals: An Economic EvaluationResearch Report 45October 1979This Report was prepared in response to a Ministerial reference relating to the feasibility of the introduction of duty free shopping for inward-bound passengers at Australian international air passenger terminals.
- Tasmanian Freight Equalisation Scheme: Recommended Rates of Assistance for Southbound Cargoes, Livestock and Timber at 31 January 1979Research Report 44October 1979This Report sets out recommended new rates of assistance to be paid under the Tasmanian Freight Equalisation Scheme TFES on eligible southbound cargoes and on northbound shipments of livestock and timber.
- National Travel Survey 1977–78, Description of the NTS Data BaseInformation Paper 1October 1979This Paper presents a description of the data base compiled from the information obtained from the National Travel Survey (NTS).
- An Assessment of the Australian Road System Volumes 1 and 2Research Report 42July 1979The report seeks to develop a comprehensive, explicit and detailed analysis of both historical and future road investment for the whole of Australia.
- The Long Distance Road Haulage IndustryResearch Report 41July 1979This Report investigates the structure, market conduct and performance of the domestic long distance freight industry with particular emphasis on the long distance road transport sector and the intermodal competition it faces.
- Sandy Hollow—Maryvale Railway: Economic Evaluation of Proposed CompletionResearch Report 43July 1979This report presents the results of an economic benefit-cost analysis of a recent proposal for the completion of the Sandy Hollow–Maryvale railway against the background of the discovery of massive proven coal reserves along the line.
- National Highways Linking Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra Third Report: Canberra Connections, 1979Research Report 40March 1979In this Report, four parallel investigations were undertaken into national highways linking Sydney Melbourne and Canberra: road user effects; construction costs and engineering considerations; environmental impact; and social impact.
- National Travel Survey 1977–78: Preliminary Statistical Summary June QuarterOccasional Paper 31February 1979This Paper presents a summary of preliminary statistics obtained from the fourth quarter of the National Travel Survey (NTS).