Publications by year: 1982
This page is a listing of all BITRE publications released in 1982.
- Evaluation of the Construction and Operation of Navigational Aids in Hydrographers PassageOccasional Paper 56December 1982The Bureau undertook an economic evaluation of the provision of navigational aids in Hydrographers Passage.
- Australian Rail Freight Movements 1979–80Information Paper 8December 1982This Information Paper identifies for 1979–80 the freight movements which occurred on Australian railways and the sizes of particular flows.
- Australian Road Financing Statistics 1970–71 to 1979–80Information Paper 3September 1982This paper provides a consistent series of road expenditure data by Commonwealth, State and local government over the 10 years 1970–71 to 1979–80.
- Assessment of the Australian Road System: A Case Study in Gunning Shire, NSWOccasional Paper 55July 1982This Paper presents the results of a study on the performance of roads in a small and therefore more simply analysed region, the Gunning Shire of NSW.
- Transport of the Disabled in the ACTOccasional Paper 54July 1982The paper takes a step towards filling the gap in the information available on the transport needs of the disabled, focusing on the ACT.
- The Future of Urban Passenger Transport: A Delphi SurveyOccasional Paper 52April 1982This paper describes a small-scale Delphi survey of participants in a BTE workshop, held to discuss the Future of Urban Passenger Transport in Australia.
- The Value of Travel Time Savings in Public Sector EvaluationOccasional Paper 51March 1982This Paper has been prepared in response to a general concern that value of time in transport analysis, while acknowledged to be important, was not being accorded that importance in practice.
- Airport Runway Capacity and Delay: Some Models for Planners and ManagersOccasional Paper 50March 1982This Paper seeks to provide an understanding of airport runway capacity and of the factors on which it depends.
- An Estimate of Operating Costs for Bulk, Ro-ro and Container ShipsInformation Paper 4March 1982The paper presents estimates of the operating costs of bulk, roll on/roll off and container Vessels.
- Road Financing in Selected CountriesOccasional Paper 49February 1982This Occasional Paper compares road expenditure and road user taxation in Australia with that in five overseas countries (Canada, Federal Republic of Germany, Great Britain, New Zealand and USA).
- Cargo Centralisation in the Overseas Liner TradeResearch Report 52January 1982This report presents the results of a study to determine whether existing cargo centralisation arrangements in overseas liner trade funding minimise total transport resource costs and to explore the potential for change.
- Funding Characteristics of Transport Research in AustraliaResearch Report 51January 1982The Report is the result of a study of the sources, levels and methods of funding transport research and development (R&D) in Australia.