Publications by year: 1985
This page is a listing of all BITRE publications released in 1985.
- Australian Long Distance Coach Industry ReviewOccasional Paper 74December 1985This study provides an analysis of Australia's long-distance coach industry.
- BTE Road Construction Price Indexes: 1974–75 to 1984–85Information Paper 15November 1985This Information Paper presents input-price indexes for national road construction activity for the period 1975–76 to 1985–86.
- Review of Road Pricing in Australia and OverseasOccasional Paper 73August 1985The main purpose of the work presented in this Paper was to examine the nature of road pricing in Australia and identify potential areas for improvement.
- Australian Road Financing Statistics 1973–74 to 1982–83Information Paper 14August 1985This Paper provides an update of the data on road expenditure and State road revenue in Australia.
- Competition and Regulation in Domestic Aviation: Submission to Independent ReviewOccasional Paper 72May 1985This paper presents an analysis of the structure and performance of the airline industry under the existing system of economic regulation and then considers the economic theory of industry structure and the general rationale for regulation and how they might be applied to the airline industry.
- Benefits of Urban Public Transport Subsidies in AustraliaOccasional Paper 71May 1985This Paper was commissioned by the Bureau; it looks at public transport in Australian cities and some of the methodologies which can be used in the evaluation of benefits and costs arising from changes in fare structures or from changes in service levels.
- Container Terminal Productivity in Port Botany: CTAL TerminalOccasional Paper 70May 1985This Paper contains an analysis of the productivity of the Container Terminals Australia Limited (CTAL) operations in Port Botany in 1983 and includes comparisons with the operations of the older Seatainer and Glebe Island terminals in Port Jackson.
- Role of Rural Local Government in the Provision of Roads: A ReviewOccasional Paper 69May 1985This Paper examines the significance of road construction and maintenance in relation to the wide role of local government.
- Social Aspects of Australian RoadsOccasional Paper 68May 1985This Paper presents a preliminary assessment of the social aspects of the Australian road system.
- Value of Time: A Pilot Survey of Road UsersOccasional Paper 67January 1985This Paper presents the results of a pilot survey of non-urban road users using the functional measurement technique.
- Market Response to Discount Domestic Air FaresOccasional Paper 66January 1985This paper describes the results of a series of four surveys and an analysis of trunk network patronage designed to assess passenger response to discount air fares.