Publications by year: 1987
This page is a listing of all BITRE publications released in 1987.
- AN-Westrail Integration: An Assessment of OptionsResearch Report 63December 1987The study considers the options for merging the operations of Australian National Railways and WestRail.
- The Tasmanian Rail System: An Assessment of Costs and BenefitsResearch Report 62December 1987The study investigates financial and economic aspects of TasRail.
- Tasmanian Industry Outlook: Implications for TasrailInformation Paper 24December 1987This Paper provides details of freight projections for rail freight in Tasmania, derived from an examination of the future prospects for those industries using rail services within the State.
- Intrastate Bus Services in New South Wales: Trial Entry LiberalisationOccasional Paper 85November 1987In 1986 NSW initiated a trial of liberalised entry and exit from intrastate bus operations; the report is the Bureau's monitoring of the impact of that trial.
- Port Authorities in AustraliaOccasional Paper 84October 1987This Paper discusses the current situation and problems of Australian Port Authorities, particularly in the light of the limited amount of competition imposed by the economies of scale inherent in modern cargo-handling technologies.
- A Model for Estimating Cargo Ship Costs; BTCESHIPOccasional Paper 83August 1987This Paper presents a model for estimating long-run average ship costs, contains a discussion of the nature of ship costs and their estimation, as well as a user's manual which documents the structure and operation of the program.
- The Transport Sector in the Australian EconomyInformation Paper 022July 1987This Paper presents information about the transport sector in Australia.
- Australian Road Financing Statistics 1975–76 to 1984–85Information Paper 21July 1987The Paper presents statistics on road expenditure by State and Territory, by level of government, by year and by Commonwealth road funding category.
- Competition and Regulation in Grain Transport: Submission to Royal Commission, May 1987Occasional Paper 82May 1987The Bureau submitted a paper to the Royal Commission into Grain Storage, Handling and Transport, which investigated the efficiency with which grain is transported in Australia.
- Number Plate Survey Methodology for Long—Distance Traffic FlowsOccasional Paper 81April 1987This Paper documents a study which was aimed at developing and testing a technique to estimate long-distance passenger and freight movements based on direct observation of vehicle movements.
- Transport of Australia's MineralsInformation Paper 20March 1987The review describes mineral freight movements and identifies possible data sources for updating the analysis in the future.
- Assessment of the Australian Road SystemResearch Report 61January 1987This Report provides an assessment of the status of the Australian Road System and an examination of its future funding requirements.