Publications by year: 1988
This page is a listing of all BITRE publications released in 1988.
- A Comparison of Overseas Railway Systems: Their Policy Trends and PerformanceInformation Paper 30October 1988This Paper examines the railway systems of eight countries, including Australia, to see how they responded to a changing competitive environment, focusing on institutional and organisational restructuring that had taken place to revitalise them and to improve their performance.
- Forecasting Aircraft Movements at Major Australian AirportsOccasional Paper 92September 1988This paper provides forecasts for both domestic and international aircraft movements for the years 1990, 1995 and 2000.
- Cost of Road Accidents in AustraliaOccasional Paper 91September 1988This Paper presents a discussion of the methodologies used to produce estimates of the cost of road accidents (or the value of reducing their number), focusing on the major issues of contention, and provides estimates for Australia for the year 1985.
- Review of Road Cost RecoveryOccasional Paper 90September 1988The Paper outlines the theory of pricing as it applies to roads and road cost recovery, reviews some recent studies on road cost recovery provides estimates of cost recovery on Australian roads for 1986–7.
- Economic Significance of the WaterfrontInformation Paper 29August 1988This report provides an overview of the waterfront and presents findings of its significance to the Australian economy.
- Harbour Towage Services in Australian PortsInformation Paper 27July 1988This Paper examines the structure and operation of the harbour towage industry in Australia.
- Railway Legislation and Rate Contracts in Canada and AustraliaInformation Paper 28March 1988This Paper provides information about recent changes in the regulatory approach to the railway industry in Canada and about the approach taken by Australian governments.
- Pavement Age and the Future Need for Road ReconstructionOccasional Paper 89February 1988In this Paper, the scope for using the age of roads as an indicator of the aggregate need for reconstruction and rehabilitation is explored.
- Trends and Prospects for Australian International Air TransportOccasional Paper 88February 1988This paper studies trends and changes in the institutional and commercial parameters which affect Australia's international aviation industry since the International Civil Aviation Policy review of 1978.
- Domestic Air Cargo Industry in AustraliaOccasional Paper 87February 1988This paper presents the findings of a study of the domestic air cargo industry in Australia.
- Shore-Based Shipping Costs: Transport and Handling of Bulk CargoInformation Paper 26February 1988This study is one part of a set of review papers that deal with different aspects of shore-based shipping operations.
- Australian Car Rental Industry StudyOccasional Paper 86January 1988The study analyses the Australian car rental industry.
- Costs of Road Crashes in Australia—1988Information Sheet 1January 1988This Information Paper details the costs of road crashes in Australia for 1988, split by costs arising from loss of victim, crash generated activities, and pain and suffering.
- A Review of Transport Research in AustraliaInformation Paper 25January 1988The report is a review of transport research in Australia, identifying the nature and extent of current Australian transport research, assessing priority areas for future research and addressing coordination issues pertinent to delivery of an effective research effort.
- BTE Road Construction Price Indexes: 1976–77 to 1986–87Information Paper 23January 1988This Information Paper presents input-price indexes for national road construction activity for the period 1975–76 to 1985–86.