Publications by year: 1996
This page is a listing of all BITRE publications released in 1996.
- Employment Effects of Road ConstructionWorking Paper 29December 1996The paper estimates the employment effects of road construction activity.
- Waterline No 9—December 1996Statistical Report December 1996Waterline reports on trends in container handling productivity on the waterfront in Australia as well as the cost of importing and exporting containers.
- BTCE Road Construction and Maintenance Price IndexInformation Paper 41October 1996The Bureau developed a road construction and maintenance price index.
- Tasmanian Freight Equalisation Scheme: Discussion Paper September 1996Working Paper 28September 1996This report examines the appropriateness of established rates of assistance for the shipping of cargo to and from Tasmania and proposes rate amendments for different commodities and different units for the shipment of those commodities.
- Techniques for Managing Airport Runway CongestionWorking Paper 27September 1996This working paper studies how to best manage runway congestion at airports.
- Valuing Transport Safety in AustraliaWorking Paper 26September 1996The paper provides an appraisal of the approaches available and issues involved in valuing transport safety along with a survey of international developments.
- Waterline No 8—September 1996Statistical Report 8September 1996Waterline reports on trends in container handling productivity on the waterfront in Australia as well as the cost of importing and exporting containers.
- General Aviation Flying in AustraliaResearch Report 95July 1996This report examines the state of General Aviation (GA) flying in Australia.
- Econometric Evidence on the Benefits of Infrastructure Investment: an Australian PerspectiveWorking Paper 25May 1996This Working Paper forms part of a research project investigating into certain issues concerned with measuring the benefits of investment in transport infrastructure.
- Costs of Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Australian Cars: an Application of the BTCE CARMOD ModelWorking Paper 24April 1996The working paper evaluates a range of policy options for reducing greenhouse gas emissions from Australian cars.
- Trees and Greenhouse: Costs of Sequestering Australian Transport EmissionsWorking Paper 23April 1996The study estimates the cost of reducing greenhouse emissions by using a sink rather than by reducing the amount of travel or fuel usage.
- Costs of Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Australian Road Freight Vehicles: An Application of the BTCE TRUCKMOD ModelWorking Paper 22March 1996The working paper evaluates a range of policy options for reducing greenhouse gas emissions from the Australian road freight fleet.
- Transport and Greenhouse: Costs and Options for Reducing EmissionsResearch Report 94March 1996The paper presents options for abating greenhouse gas emissions.
- Traffic Congestion and Road User Charges in Australian Capital CitiesResearch Report 92March 1996The report considers aspects of traffic congestion and road user charges.
- Code Sharing in International Aviation: a Discussion PaperWorking Paper 21February 1996This Paper has been produced to inform debate on aviation code-sharing.
- Trading Greenhouse Emissions: Some Australian PerspectivesOccasional Paper 115January 1996The publication presents a collection of contributions by leading Australians in the field, with perspectives on domestic and international trading of greenhouse emissions.