Publications by year: 2012
This page is a listing of all BITRE publications released in 2012.
- BITRE Road Construction and Maintenance Price Index—2012 updateInformation Sheet 45December 2012This publication provides the 2012 update of BITRE's Road Construction and Maintenance Price Index.
- State and Capital City vehicle kilometres travelled, 1990–2012Information Sheet 44December 2012This information sheet details vehicle kilometres travelled in Australia between 1990 and 2012. Full electronic data is also available.
- Waterline 51—November 2012Statistical Report November 2012Waterline provides data to June quarter 2012 on trends in container handling productivity on the wharf side and landside of container port terminals in Australia as well as the cost of importing and exporting containers. It covers five Australian major port terminals: Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Fremantle.
- Air Passenger Movements Through Capital and Non-Capital City Airports to 2030–31Research Report 133November 2012The report presents long-term (20 year) forecasts of air passenger movements through Australian airports between 2011–12 and 2030–31.
- Population growth, jobs growth and commuting flows in SydneyResearch Report 132October 2012This report investigates spatial changes in population, employment and commuting in Sydney.
- Australian Sea Freight 2010–11Statistical Report October 2012This is the latest in a series of BITRE reports that provide information on Australian sea freight movements, vessel activity, the use of coastal voyage permits, and the size and composition of the Australian trading fleet from 2001–02 to 2010–11.
- Child pedestrian safety: ‘driveway deaths’ and ‘low-speed vehicle run-overs’, Australia, 2001–10Information Sheet 43August 2012This report examines the death and serious injury of pedestrians aged 0–14 years in collisions with motor vehicles, both on-road (traffic) and off-road (non-traffic), focusing in particular on fatal collisions with four-wheeled motor vehicles around the home.
- Australian infrastructure statistics—Yearbook 2012Statistical Report July 2012The Australian Infrastructure Statistics Yearbook provides a single comprehensive source of Australian infrastructure time series statistics for measures of transport, energy, communications and water infrastructure and the use of this infrastructure in Australia.
- Understanding Australia's urban railwaysResearch Report 131July 2012Understanding Australia's urban railways provides an overview of the urban railway systems in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. Passenger and freight services are considered. The report explores network and service provision, patronage trends, the urban freight rail networks and plans for capacity and network expansion. The report seeks to explain the role of rail in each city's transport task.
- TrainLine 1Statistical Report June 2012TrainLine 1 is a collaborative report between the Australasian Railway Association (ARA) and BITRE. It is a further development of the previous rail freight performance publications series. This report provides an overview of rail freight performance, railway infrastructure standards and freight haulage between 2007–08 and 2009–10. Further development of the range of information is envisaged.
- Bass Strait Passenger Vehicle Equalisation SchemeMonitoring Report 13May 2012This report presents the results of the Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics' thirteenth review of the Bass Strait Passenger Vehicle Equalisation Scheme. This report covers the operation and impact of the Bass Strait Passenger Vehicle Equalisation Scheme for the period 1 July 2009 to 30 June 2011.
- Evaluation of the National Black Spot Program—Volume 1, 2 and 3Research Report 126May 2012This report outlines the evaluation of the Black Spot road investment program.
- Air Transport Service Trends in Regional Australia—2011 updateResearch Report 130March 2012This report updates and supersedes the time series statistics presented in Report 115 and Information Sheet 35 on Air transport services in regional Australia: trends and access.
- Traffic Growth: Modelling a Global PhenomenonResearch Report 128March 2012This report describes an overview of the different patterns of traffic growth in 25 Countries, and their determinants.
- Traffic Growth in AustraliaResearch Report 127March 2012This report describes an overview of the different patterns of traffic growth in Australia's states and capital cities and their determinants.
- Avline 2010–11Statistical Report March 2012This annual report summarises activity in the Australian aviation sector.
- Tasmanian Freight Schemes—Parameter Review, October 2011Statistical Report October 2011This Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics report outlines the results of a scheduled review of the parameters underpinning the Tasmanian Freight Equalisation Scheme and Tasmanian Wheat Freight Scheme for the period 1 July 2007 to 30 June 2010. The Tasmanian Freight Equalisation Scheme operates according to Ministerial Directions (2008) using parameters recommended by the TFES Review Authority (1998). The Tasmanian Wheat Freight Scheme operates under separate Ministerial Directions approved on 25 January 2006.