Publications by year: 2013
This page is a listing of all BITRE publications released in 2013.
- Tasmanian Freight Schemes—Parameter Review 2013Statistical Report December 2013This Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics report outlines the results of a scheduled review of the parameters underpinning the Tasmanian Freight Equalisation Scheme and Tasmanian Wheat Freight Scheme for the period 1 July 2010 to 30 June 2012.
- Infrastructure Investment MacromonitorInformation Sheet 52November 2013This information sheet provides an overview of activity in five key Australian infrastructure industries: transport, energy, communications, water and resources.
- Population growth, jobs growth and commuting flows—a comparison of Australia's four largest citiesResearch Report 142November 2013This is the first comparative study of spatial changes in population, jobs and commuting patterns within Australia's largest cities.
- BITRE Road Construction and Maintenance Price Index and Sub-Indexes—2013 updateInformation Sheet 49November 2013This information sheet presents the 2013 re-calibrated BITRE Road Construction and Maintenance Price Index and Sub-Indexes.
- Young Adult Road Safety—A Statistical PictureInformation Sheet 51October 2013This information sheet presents latest available Australian and international statistics on the road safety of young adults.
- Australian infrastructure statistics—Yearbook 2013 and Key Australian infrastructure statistics bookletStatistical Report October 2013The Australian Infrastructure Statistics Yearbook provides a single comprehensive source of Australian infrastructure time series statistics for measures of transport, energy, communications and water infrastructure and the use of this infrastructure in Australia.
- Australian Sea Freight 2011–12Statistical Report August 2013This report is the latest in a series of BITRE reports that provide statistics on Australian sea freight movements and shipping activities from 2002–03 to 2011–12.
- Australia's Bulk PortsResearch Report 135June 2013This report provides a profile of Australia's principal bulk ports and the logistics chain that delivers commodities through those ports. The review seeks to give readers an appreciation of the tasks involved in making the throughputs happen. The report illustrates the tasks performed at each port using the broad range of data and indicators that are published by port authorities and bulk terminal operators. It supports the implementation of the national Ports Strategy.
- Tasmanian Passenger and Freight movementsInformation Sheet 48May 2013This information sheet provides a summary of Tasmanian passenger and freight movements in 2011–12.
- Population growth, jobs growth and commuting flows in South East Queensland Research Report 134May 2013This report investigates spatial changes in population, employment and commuting in South East Queensland.
- Waterline 52—April 2013Statistical Report April 2013Waterline provides data to December quarter 2012 on trends in container handling productivity on the wharf side and landside of container port terminals in Australia as well as the cost of importing and exporting containers. It covers five Australian major port terminals: Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Fremantle.
- Air transport service trends in regional Australia (2013 update)Information Sheet 47March 2013This information sheet provides a summary of key trends in regional aviation Australia from 1984 to 2012.
- Public transport use in Australia's capital cities, Modelling and forecastingResearch Report 129March 2013This report allows understanding on forecasting of city passenger travel by motor vehicles and urban public transport.
- Employment Generation and AirportsInformation Sheet 46February 2013This information sheet presents analysis of employment at Australian airports.