Publications by year: 2016
This page is a listing of all BITRE publications released in 2016.
- Trainline 4Statistical Report November 2016TrainLine provides an overview of freight, urban and non-urban passenger rail. The report analyses traffic levels, the provision of infrastructure and rolling stock, and railway performance.
- Five facts about commuting in AustraliaInformation Sheet 77November 2016This Information Sheet provides the reader with a quick source of basic facts about commuting in Australia
- Waterline 58—November 2016Statistical Report November 2016Waterline reports on container operations at five Australian major container ports: Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Fremantle. This issue covers port activity up to the December quarter 2015.
- A dozen facts about transport in AustraliaInformation Sheet 75November 2016This Information Sheet provides the reader with a quick source of basic facts about the Australian transport system
- Toll Roads in AustraliaInformation Paper 81September 2016
- Traffic on the national road network, 2013–14Information Sheet 80September 2016
- Freightline 4—Australian coal freight transportStatistical Report F4September 2016
- Australian road freight estimates: 2016 updateInformation Sheet 79September 2016This Information Sheet updates estimates of Australian road freight.
- Heavy truck safety: crash analysis and trendsInformation Sheet 78August 2016This paper examines road crashes which involve heavy trucks and makes comparisons with crashes involving light vehicles.
- Developing national road safety indicators for injuryInformation Sheet 76August 2016Australia's performance in addressing serious injuries from crashes is difficult to measure because of the lack of a reliable, nationally consistent, source of non-fatal crash data. This information sheet details the current data sources, their limitations, and efforts currently underway to improve data for Australian serious injury reporting.
- Lengthy commutes in AustraliaResearch Report 144May 2016This research report examines the social and economic characteristics of commuters and their travel patterns.
- Why short-haul intermodal rail services succeedResearch Report 139March 2016This report considers the circumstances that can make short-haul urban and regional rail port shuttles viable, and the extent to which those circumstances can be replicated elsewhere.
- Bass Strait Passenger Vehicle Equalisation Scheme—Monitoring Report 15Monitoring Report 15January 2016This report presents the results of the Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics' (BITRE) fifteenth review of the Bass Strait Passenger Vehicle Equalisation Scheme. This report covers the operation and impact of the Scheme from 1 July 2013 to 30 June 2015.