Publications by year: 2017
This page is a listing of all BITRE publications released in 2017.
- Waterline 60—August 2017Statistical Report August 2017Waterline provides information on container movements on both the wharf-side and the landside of five Australian major container port terminals: Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Fremantle. This issue covers port terminal activity up to the December quarter 2016.
- Infrastructure and Transport PPPs and Privatisation in AustraliaInformation Sheet 93August 2017This information sheet provides a list of infrastructure and transport-related Public Private Partnerships and privatisations in Australia since 1980.
- Growth in the Australian Road SystemInformation Sheet 92August 2017This Information Sheet presents estimates of Kilometres and lane-kilometres of road length for Australian States and Territories back to 1910. It provides the same data for Metropolitan Australia back to 1910, and for individual cities back to 1970.
- Fuel economy of Australian passenger vehicles—a regional perspectiveInformation Sheet 91August 2017This information sheet presents Australian data on how realised rates of fuel consumption depend on key vehicle characteristics such as number of cylinders, fuel type and vehicle age. It also presents new small area estimates of the average rate of fuel consumption for Australia’s regions.
- Freight Rates in AustraliaInformation Sheet 90July 2017This Information Sheet presents an estimate of interstate freight rates for road, rail, sea and air modes back to 1965. Models of the first three modes are also presented, allowing an understanding of the determinants of the level and movement of freight rates in Australia.
- Costs and benefits of emerging road transport technologiesResearch Report 146June 2017This report presents estimates of the typical costs and benefits of emerging road transport technologies including intelligent transport systems, cooperative intelligent transport systems and the potentially transformational fully automated vehicles.
- Spending by Australian households on owning and operating vehiclesInformation Sheet 86May 2017This information sheet provides an in-depth study of Australian households’ spending on transport, and specifically on owning and operating vehicles, based on the latest (2009–10) data from the ABS Household Expenditure Survey.
- Waterline 59—May 2017Statistical Report May 2017Waterline provides information on container movements on both the wharf-side and the landside of five Australian major container port terminals: Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Fremantle. This issue covers port terminal activity up to the June quarter 2016.
- Motorcycling SafetyInformation Sheet 89May 2017This information sheet provides an overview of the current status of motorcycling safety in Australia, giving a brief summary of key issues for motorcycling safety and statistics and analysis of crash characteristics.
- Australian Sea Freight 2014–15Statistical Report April 2017Australian Sea Freight 2014–15 is the latest in a series of statistical publications on maritime freight and vessel activity in Australia.
- Urban Passenger faresInformation Sheet 88April 2017This Information Sheet presents estimates of urban passenger fares in major Australian cities from 1952-53 to 2015-16. A taxi fare index is available separately from 1996-97 to 2015-16.
- Light commercial vehicle safetyInformation Sheet 87April 2017
- Introduction to road economicsStaff Papers 001March 2017
- Intercity Passenger faresInformation Sheet 85February 2017This information sheet presents estimates of air, rail and bus passenger fares between major Australian cities from 1960 to 2016.
- Drivers Licences in AustraliaInformation Sheet 84February 2017This information sheet presents an estimate of the number of drivers licences in Australia from 1922 to 2016. Also included are estimates of drivers licences in each Australian State and Territory from 1922 to 2016.
- Modelled Road Construction and maintenance Price IndexInformation Sheet 83February 2017
- Petrol Prices and Diesel Prices in AustraliaInformation Sheet 82February 2017