Publications by year: 2018
This page is a listing of all BITRE publications released in 2018.
- Forecasting Australian Transport: A Review of Past Bureau ForecastsResearch Report 149July 2018The report looks at what lessons can be learned from a review of Bureau forecasts from the 1960s on.
- Freightline 6—Australian rice freight transportStatistical Report July 2018The Freightline series is intended to provide information on interregional freight movements across Australia. This issue focusses on the transport of cotton from farms to export ports.
- Location and other risk factors in crashesInformation Sheet 97June 2018This information sheet reports results of a study into the risk factors of vehicle crashes given a crash has occurred in terms of whether it results in the death of a person involved.
- Australian Sea Freight 2015–16Statistical Report May 2018Australian Sea Freight 2015–16 is the latest in a series of statistical publications on maritime freight and vessel activity in Australia.
- Modelling Road Safety in Australian States and TerritoriesInformation Sheet 94May 2018This Information Sheet describes modelling of road fatality rates for the eight Australian States and Territories, and fatality and injury rates for Australia as a whole. The models are constructed 1) to allow an understanding of the past forces underlying the fatality rates in each jurisdiction covered, and 2) to allow forecasts of future trends in road safety—or rather its obverse, death and injury.
- Spending by Australian households on owning and operating vehicles in 2015–16Information Sheet 95April 2018This Information Sheet provides an in-depth study of Australian households' spending on transport, and specifically on owning and operating vehicles, based on the latest (2015–16) data from the ABS Household Expenditure Survey (HES).
- Bass Strait Passenger Vehicle Equalisation Scheme (BSPVES) Monitoring Report No. 16Monitoring Report 16March 2018This report presents the results of the Bureau of Infrastructure, Transport and Regional Economics’ (BITRE) sixteenth review of the Bass Strait Passenger Vehicle Equalisation Scheme (the Scheme). This report covers the operation and impact of the Scheme for the period 1 July 2015 to 30 June 2017.
- Tasmanian Freight Equalisation Scheme - Review of the expanded component: Final ReportMonitoring Report 1March 2018This is the final report of the BITRE's initial 2017 monitoring review of the expanded component of the Tasmanian Freight Equalisation Scheme. The focus of this report is the volume and value of eligible claims for goods shipped to the mainland for the purpose of transhipment between 1 January 2016 and 30 June 2017.
- Road construction cost and infrastructure procurement benchmarking: 2017 updateResearch Report 148March 2018This report benchmarks costs of road construction and the timeliness of infrastructure procurement processes for projects undertaken by states and territories since 2015.
- Freightline 5—Australian cotton freight transportStatistical Report February 2018The Freightline series is intended to provide information on interregional freight movements across Australia. This issue focusses on the transport of cotton from farms to export ports.
- Ex-post Economic Evaluation of National Road Investment ProjectsResearch Report 145January 2018This report syntheses the results of the past two rounds of ex-post economic evaluation of national road investment projects and draws systematic lessons to improve future cost-benefit analyses.