Road Deaths Australia—Monthly Bulletins
This bulletin contains current counts and summaries of road crash deaths and fatal road crashes in Australia. It is produced monthly and published on BITRE's website on or around the 14th of each month. Data are sourced from the road traffic or police authorities in each jurisdiction.
A table providing monthly fatalities for the last 5 years has been added in the Excel file.
February 2018 : At a glance
- There was a total of 85 road deaths during the month of February 2018. In comparison to the average for February over the previous five years, the current figure is 1.6 per cent lower.
- During the 12 months ended February 2018, there were 1,249 road deaths. This is a 0.2 per cent decrease compared to the total for the 12-month period ended February 2017.
- Presently, the rate of annual deaths per 100,000 population stands at 5.1. Compared to the figure for the 12-month period ending February 2017, this is a 1.8 per cent decrease.
- Latest month
February 2018 [PDF: 447 KB]  XLSX: 181 KB
- January 2018 [PDF: 705 KB]  XLSX: 186 KB
- December 2017 [PDF: 453 KB]  XLSX: 206 KB
- November 2017 revised [PDF: 415 KB]  XLSX: 207 KB
- October 2017 [PDF: 432 KB]  XLSX: 205 KB
- September 2017 [PDF: 445 KB]  XLSX: 161 KB
- August 2017 [PDF: 446 KB]  XLSX: 160 KB
- July 2017 [PDF: 445 KB]  XLSX: 155 KB
- June 2017 [PDF: 446 KB]  XLSX: 157 KB
- May 2017 [PDF: 445 KB]  XLSX: 155 KB
- April 2017 [PDF: 445 KB]  XLSX: 155 KB
- March 2017 [PDF: 576 KB]  XLSX: 155 KB
- February 2017 [PDF: 446 KB]  XLSX: 169 KB
- January 2017 revised [PDF: 531 KB]  XLSX: 132 KB