Road Deaths Australia—Monthly Bulletins
This bulletin contains current counts and summaries of road crash deaths and fatal road crashes in Australia. It is produced monthly and published on BITRE's website on or around the 14th of each month. Data are sourced from the road traffic or police authorities in each jurisdiction.
A table providing monthly fatalities for the last 5 years has been added in the Excel file.
April 2018 : At a glance
- There was a total of 87 road deaths during the month of April 2018. In comparison to the average for April over the previous five years, the current figure is 8.2 per cent lower. It is however within a 90% prediction interval around the trend.
- During the 12 months ended April 2018, there were 1,253 road deaths. This is a 2.5 per cent increase compared to the total for the 12-month period ended April 2017.
- Presently, the rate of annual deaths per 100,000 population stands at 5.1. Compared to the figure for the 12-month period ending April 2017, this is a 0.8 per cent increase.
- This bulletin includes an analysis of the 2018 five-day Easter period, during which there were 17 fatalities. Over the last five years the average over the Easter periods was 14 fatalities.
- Latest month
April 2018 [PDF: 1218 KB]  XLSX: 234 KB
- March 2018 [PDF: 453 KB]  XLSX: 178 KB
- February 2018 [PDF: 447 KB]  XLSX: 181 KB
- January 2018 [PDF: 705 KB]  XLSX: 186 KB
- December 2017 [PDF: 453 KB]  XLSX: 206 KB
- November 2017 revised [PDF: 415 KB]  XLSX: 207 KB
- October 2017 [PDF: 432 KB]  XLSX: 205 KB
- September 2017 [PDF: 445 KB]  XLSX: 161 KB
- August 2017 [PDF: 446 KB]  XLSX: 160 KB
- July 2017 [PDF: 445 KB]  XLSX: 155 KB
- June 2017 [PDF: 446 KB]  XLSX: 157 KB
- May 2017 [PDF: 445 KB]  XLSX: 155 KB
- April 2017 [PDF: 445 KB]  XLSX: 155 KB
- March 2017 [PDF: 576 KB]  XLSX: 155 KB
- February 2017 [PDF: 446 KB]  XLSX: 169 KB
- January 2017 revised [PDF: 531 KB]  XLSX: 132 KB