Road Deaths Australia—Monthly Bulletins
This bulletin contains current counts and summaries of road crash deaths and fatal road crashes in Australia. It is produced monthly and published on BITRE's website on or around the 14th of each month. Data are sourced from the road traffic or police authorities in each jurisdiction.
A table providing monthly fatalities for the last 5 years has been added in the Excel file.
February 2017 : At a glance
- There was a total of 69 road deaths during the month of February 2017. In comparison to the average for February over the previous five years, the current figure is 24.8 per cent lower.
- During the 12 months ended February 2017, there were 1,256 road deaths. This is a 1.5 per cent increase compared to the total for the 12-month period ended February 2016.
- Presently, the rate of annual deaths per 100,000 population stands at 5.2. Compared to the figure for the 12-month period ending February 2016, this is a 0.1 per cent increase.
- Latest month
February 2017 [PDF: 446 KB]  XLSX: 169 KB
- January 2017 [PDF: 672 KB]  XLSX: 133 KB
- December 2016 [PDF: 518 KB]  XLSX: 105 KB
- November 2016 [PDF: 266 KB]  XLSX: 104 KB
- October 2016 [PDF: 272 KB]  XLSX: 105 KB
- September 2016 [PDF: 266 KB]  XLSX: 114 KB
- August 2016 [PDF: 265 KB]  XLSX: 105 KB
- July 2016 [PDF: 264 KB]  XLSX: 105 KB
- June 2016 [PDF: 494 KB]  XLSX: 105 KB
- May 2016 [PDF: 428 KB]  XLSX: 406 KB
- April 2016 [PDF: 429 KB]  XLSX: 351 KB
- March 2016 [PDF: 515 KB]  XLSX: 218 KB
- February 2016 [PDF: 429 KB]  XLSX: 122 KB
- January 2016 [PDF: 514 KB]  XLSX: 109 KB